Categories
Dividends

Dividend Tracker 0.8 update: I totally didn’t mess up

I messed up the dividend tracker, but now it’s working again!

I may have messed up the formulas that calculate all the values on the summary tab. This then provides incorrect figures that do not match up with what’s in your portfolio. After making a few edits to the spreadsheet dividend tracker with update 0.7, it seems as though Google automated some alterations to these working formulas and I didn’t spot them.

The formula issue affected all four templates, but luckily Mark reached out to scream and shout about numbers not adding up with the U.S. edition. After investigation for all of a minute, the issue was spotted and a fix rolled out with 0.8. I failed to write up a blog post, which is totally on me. If you’re currently on 0.7 and are experiencing issues, this would be the cause.

Changelog

  • Fixed formula errors within the summary tab. (Thanks, Mark for spotting the error!)

How do I update my tracker?

Make sure you already renamed the previously copied template you’re currently using. With an updated release like this one, simply copy across a new version to your Google Docs. Then follow these steps:

  1. Make sure the formula in the securities cells under Cost, Value, Unrealized Gains, % Realized Gains, Dividends Collected, and Annual Dividends match the corresponding columns on the market tabs, like the updated template. For example, cell E3 in the summary tab for EU Cost should be =SUM(EU!I2:I) and not =SUM(EU!V2:V) or some other non-existent column.

By Rich Edmonds

Rich creates content for the top Windows-focused publication, but by night he tries to make his money work for him and rambles far too much here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *